Subscribe to RSS feed

Thursday, September 16, 2010

4 Essays in 1 short---- The Ending

Tutor requests to rewrite the same title because many of us have poor performance in the test...

However my story gained me a higher mark,
this story is also my favorite 1...

Marking= 39/50

The Coffee Shop---- The Father Talk


It was good news for the school students because the school break has started! With the aim of earning pocket money, I have been hired to work in a coffee shop, Starbucks. After a few days working there, I find that there is an old man who will come to the shop at 5pm everyday. Drinking a coffee is a routine for him. What is strange is that he orders two cups of coffee every time but drinks only one, leaving the other cup opposite him.


I am curious about this old man. A cup of coffee in here cost RM16 which to me cost an arm but this old man leaves a cup of coffee every day. Let’s say a month has 30 days, he has wasted RM480 per month and RM5840 a year! Oh man, I think this old man must be rich! However, my perception changed after I heard this old man’s story from my manager. The poor old man has a tragic past.



There was a youngster who used to sit I n front of him and drank coffee with him always. The youngster called the old man, “Daddy!”. The story went back to three years ago when Starbucks had just started the business two months before in Klang’s Must Go Malls. A youngster, named Casey, saw the name of the coffee shop and asked his dad Mr. Yeo, an old wifeless man, to visit it. They ordered a cup of hazelnut coffee. After trying for a mouth, the son loved it. Since that day, both of them became VIP of the café. They visited the shop almost three times a week. However, the harmonious situation did not last for a long time. A tragedy occurred.


Freeze! The building is surrounded and there is no where to run!” the policemen yelled to the robbers. A bank was robbed by a dangerous group of robbers, Xylence. This gang of robbers had robbed many shops including Boh Gong, Barkson, COMB Bank and other 49 shops and escaped arrest by the police. This was the golden chance for the police to arrest them because their boss, Anthenite was here too. However, the robbers ran away to Starbucks. Mr. Yeo and Casey were inside the café too. “Do not come near us, we have hostages!” Casey was the hostage!


Suddenly, a gun shot was heard. Then, the atmosphere was filled with gun fire. Mr. Yeo tried to save his son from the situation and his arm was shot. His palms were full of
blood but when he observed carefully, the blood came from Casey’s neck!

Sorry, we have tried our best.” said the doctor. The shootings were started by a panic newbie cop. Although the police caught the Xylence gang, they had caused the lost of an innocent life.


Since that incident, the old man, Mr. Yeo came to the coffee shop to drink coffee at 5pm, their time in the café. Thousands of tears fell from my eyes when I heard the tale. The situation turns gloomier when I see Mr. Yeo mumbling alone. He thinks that his son is sitting in front of him and they are chit chatting!


When I return home from work, my parents are curious about the sad look on my face. Without hesitation, I hug them and say, “I love you! Mum and dad!” I am afraid of the time when we have to leave each other. I want to be with them and treasurer our time. Parents and their children have a bond that cannot be broken. We both cannot live happily without the other. Mr. Yeo’s story is the best example to show the strong love bond between a father and a son. He cannot accept the fact that his son has passed away. So, from this moment, I will become a filial son who will always love my parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment